Date: September 24, 2013
To: City Council and City Manager
From: Janeen K. Gaskins, Assistant to the Mayor
Subject: Bi-Weekly Update (September 11, 2013 to September 24, 2013)
- The following report is a brief summary of the Mayor’s activities
- VerdeXchange: On September 12, 2013 Mayor Wolcott participated in a videotaping session that will be released that the October 8th VerdeXchange event. Mayor Wolcott used this opportunity to highlight the benefits of living in the City of Surprise. She discussed economic development, regional partnerships, and upcoming city projects.
- Westmarc Retreat: On September 12, 2013, Mayor Wolcott participated in the Westmarc Retreat where the board members reviewed the 2013 Strategic Plan and discussed successes and potential projects for 2014.
- Water Working Group: On September 12, 2013, Councilman Hall, Councilman Williams and Mayor Wolcott participated in the Water Working Group informational meeting.
- Luke Ball: On September 14th Mayor Wolcott attended the 2013 Luke Air Force Ball to honor Airmen, veterans, and retirees. The event also paid tribute to local communities for supporting Luke Air Force Base and their efforts to become the home of the F-35 training facility.
- New City Council Members: On September 16 and 17, 2013, Mayor Wolcott met with the incoming City Council Members Todd Tande and Roland Winters to welcome them to the City of Surprise Council and to give them a brief preview of the fall schedule and their orientation.
- MAG Transportation Policy Committee: On September 18, 2013, Mayor Wolcott attended Maricopa Association of Governments Transportation Policy Committee meeting. General topics of discussion included: overview of regional transportation needs, sustainable transportation land use integration, Pinal North-South updates, Phoenix Sky Train updates, discussion on Transportation Alternatives Program, and legislative updates.
- Luke West Valley Council: On September 19, 2013, Mayor Wolcott attended the Luke West Valley Council meeting. Items of discussion included mission sustainability and community development.
- Valley Metro RPTA Board Meeting: On September 19, 2013 Mayor Wolcott participated in the Valley Metro RPTA Board Meeting. Items of discussion included: budget planning, regional transit route statistics, sustainable transportation and land use integration, valley wide information technology system and legislative updates.
- Surprise Regional Chamber of Commerce Roaring 20’s Event: On September 20, 2013 Mayor Wolcott attended Surprise Regional Chamber of Commerce’s annual Roaring 20’s event to support Chamber activities.
- Mayor’s Next Town Hall: The Mayor’s next Town Hall meeting will be on October 24th at 7pm in the Sierra Montana Recreation Center at 14861North Spring Lane, Surprise, AZ
Next Report September 25, 2013 to October 8, 2013