The Arizona Department of Transportation just released its travel advisory today that will impact freeways in Surprise and the West Valley this weekend.
Please be aware of the following restrictions:
- Grand Avenue (US 60) narrowed to one lane in each direction at Loop 303 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, May 7 for paving.
- Northbound Loop 303 on-ramp at Grand Avenue (US 60) and southbound Loop 303 off-ramp at Grand Avenue closed from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 7 for paving. DETOUR: Grand Avenue drivers can access northbound Loop 303 by using southbound Reems Road to westbound Bell Road to reach Loop 303. Southbound Loop 303 drivers can access Grand Avenue by traveling south to Bell Road exit and turning at Bell interchange to enter northbound Loop 303 to then reach exit to Grand Avenue.
- Northbound Loop 303 on-ramp at Bell Road and northbound Loop 303 off-ramp at Grand Avenue closed from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Sunday, May 8 for paving. DETOUR: Be prepared to follow signed detours, including northbound Reems Road to northwest-bound Grand Avenue while northbound Loop 303 on-ramp at Bell Road is closed.
- Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, May 9 for construction of future ramp to southbound Loop 303. DETOUR: Consider exiting westbound I-10 at Sarival Avenue and using westbound McDowell Road and northbound Cotton Lane to access northbound Loop 303.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed at Dysart Road from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday, May 8 for installation of overhead message sign and traffic-flow sensors. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Litchfield Road also closed. DETOUR: Eastbound I-10 traffic will detour along off- and on-ramps at Dysart Road. Consider using eastbound McDowell Road to southbound Avondale Boulevard to access I-10.
ADOT’s weekend schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather. For additional weekend freeway restriction information: www.azdot.gov.
Finally, happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there. Thanks for everything you do for your family and for our community!